Monday, February 21, 2011

City of Bells

The City of Bells has many strange magics. However one of the most notable is The Bell of Lost Souls, which, when struck, releases a wave of restless spirits onto the residents of the city, or sucks them in until the next time someone sees fit to strike it.

More will be forthcoming later, but I couldn't resist. :D

Edit: The Peeling Bell: The flesh of whoever hears this bell will begin to peel from their bones. The process takes about a month to finish. It is the doorbell of a deaf, skeleton, writer, who has a small card on his door saying "Do not disturb". All invited guests are told to use a concealed pullcord, which will cause a flag to raise. He believes that those who ring it anyway deserve their fate.

5 comments:

  1. I couldn't help being reminded of this:

    http://www.online-literature.com/poe/575/

    I love the way your mind works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I know which Bell of Lost Souls you're talking about. If so, my spirit feels that unrest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, you do. Though this is actually a place in Morilar, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "In London there is a man who screams when the church bells ring."
    H.P. Lovecraft, 'The Descendant'

    Now we know why...
    Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I really need to read some of those books, don't I?

    ReplyDelete