- Illness. Roll on a table, or choose one.
- Character is secretly addicted to drugs and has been (roll d6) buying more (1-3), or going through withdrawal and is no longer addicted (4-6).
- Carousing. (See Jeff's Miscellaneum of Cinder) [Greg Gorgonmilk]
- Hiding - roll on subtable for reason: 1. unpaid debt
2. press gang
3. supernatural creature
4. paranoia - roll on Greg Gorgonmilk's table
6. ex-lover's partner / family member
7. individual claiming to be offspring
8. old comrade in town [Porky]
Side quest on way to rendezvous. [Porky]
Change of priorities. [Porky]
Not absent - shadowing party. [Porky]
- Has been sentenced for a crime he/she didn't commit and sent to a maximum security prison.Will promptly escape in time for next session, but will still be wanted by the government. The Acrobatic Flea
- Had a better offer. The Acrobatic Flea
- Has hooked up with an old flame. The Acrobatic Flea
- Forgot. D'oh! The Acrobatic Flea
- Fallen under the influence of a religious cult. Jennie
- Ran off to join the circus The Acrobatic Flea
Got lost on way to rendezvous. The Acrobatic Flea
Taking part in local, seasonal festival or celebration. The Acrobatic Flea
- Shanghaied by passing group of mercenaries to fight in minor border skirmish (DM to decide if character picked up any injuries or cool-looking scars). The Acrobatic Flea
Bumped into well-known 'celebrity' adventurer and was distracted by this person's tales of swashbuckling daring-do, narrow escapes, maiden liberation, monster fighting and treasure retrieval (may have clue to next adventure). The Acrobatic Flea
- Went for a wander alone for a little soul searching Saeblundr
- Went off hunting. [INT + WIS + Level]% chance of having caught enough food to provide one person rations for 1d4 days. The Acrobatic Flea
Got caught up reading a good book. The Acrobatic Flea
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Community Table: Where Have You Been?
It's almost certainly going to happen that one (or more) of your players won't be able to show up at some point. Short of canceling the session, you have to come up with a reason for their character(s) not being there. So, I'd like to create a D30 table to answer the question "Where have you been?".